Tools for Designing in the Browser
This post is intended to be a regularly updated list of tools, articles, and other goodies that help make designing in the browser both easier and more efficient. If you're currently a designer-developer hopefully you might learn something new of use, while if you're new to the game hopefully this will get you started off in the right direction. Tools that I currently use are marked with an (*), while others I have used in the past.
Have something you use that think should be here? Email me with a link at rob at atomidesign.com, and I'll be sure to check it out.
Last updated: June 12, 2014
- 5 Good Reasons Why Designers Should Code by Team Treehouse
- Designing With Code by Jeremy Bell @ Teehan + Lax
- Designers Will Code by David Cole @ Quora
- The Great Value of the Designer Who Codes by Garry Tan
Full Frontend Frameworks
- Handlebars *
- HAML - Haml is mostly used in Ruby on Rails projects, but serves as a good example for an indentation-based language.
Static Site Generators
Organized Development Approaches
- OOCSS *
- Atomic Design *